Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Birthday Surprise!!!
Chad is such a fun husband. I knew that if I married Chad I would always have fun and this has held true! Two days before my birthday Chad told me that he didn't have to go in to work till 10 am . I happily enjoyed the morning with Chad home. Chad was trimming the roses out front when I left to take the kids to school. Mark immediately came up to me in the car and said with a serious face, "Mom, I'm really going to miss you". I replied, "Mark I'm not going anywhere". He says, "Yes you are, Dad and you are going on vacation". I replied, No honey, Dad is just going in to work late today". He sat down and just before the kids got out of the car to school Luke turns to me and says, "Mom, you ARE going out of town. Dad is taking you on a surprise vacation for your birthday. Maridyn is picking us up from school and you are coming home on Sunday". I sat there with the same silly grin I had on my face when Chad proposed 15 years ago on my birthday. I said my goodbyes to the kids and then within the hour Chad and I were on our way to Moab for our great adventure trip. What made the surprise even better is that Chad told me that our great friends from Dental school were coming too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
FUN FUN FUN!!!! What a great surprise!!!! Happy Happy Birthday Amy!!!
I love how the kids spilled the beans. That is so cute! I'm glad you had such a wonderful birthday weekend! You deserve it!
How sweet and thoughtful! I'm so glad you had a great time. It looks like you were able to do so many fun things. Happy Birthday!
I still think what I thought before, Chad still gets tons of brownie points for planning such a fun outing! I am so glad you had a great time. It looks like a lot of fun! Happy Late Birthday!
I enjoyed this blog. You chose well Amy, you chose well!
Post a Comment